We are now entering the third and final trimester with Widget! This means there is only about 13-15 weeks left until we get to meet this little baby I've been growing. I am getting more and more excited to meet this little guy who spends his days kicking and rolling around inside me. I have begun to wonder what he'll look like, what he'll like, who he'll be, what he'll do when he's older. There are so many things to discover about this little guy.
I have also been doing lots of research and preparing to use cloth diapers for little Widget. For anyone who has looked into the idea, the benefits begin to quickly add up starting with the money savings, continuing with the positive effects on the environment, and not ending with how adorable so many of the diapers are! I am thankful that Nick has been supportive thus far on all the crunchy ventures I've been looking into for this baby like the Hypnobabies classes, cloth diapers, and babywearing. He has even suggested we can use some of our garden grown food to make healthy organic baby food once he starts eating solids. :-)
Our Hypnobabies birthing classes are also almost finished - only one more week to go. After that, we just continue practicing the skills until the birth comes. I have really enjoyed taking these classes and feel that I have been given many great tools to help me get through the labor and birth of little Widget more easily and calmly. Nick has been an incredible support throughout this process and does a great job of encouraging me to stay healthy and practice my skills with him and myself. Now we just need to encourage one another to get cracking on our 'to do' list before Widget shows up!
One other fun thing, I finally got my Eagles maternity tee so that Widget and I can continue to show our Eagles pride even when my regular t-shirts and jersey don't fit any more. I love it!
- How far along? 26 weeks and 2 days
- How big is baby? - About the size of an eggplant and the weight of a head of califlower! He is now about 14- 14.5 inches from head to foot. He is also now estimated to weigh just about two pounds.

- Weight gain thus far - About 26 lbs total.
- Baby's new tricks/development - Widget has eyebrows and eyelashes along with a fine, downy hair covering parts of his body called lanugo. His aveoli are now more developed and the cells can begin to produce surfactant to keep them open.
- Cravings? - Baked/mashed potatoes with broccoli, cheese, and cottage cheese on top! Yum!
- Belly button? - It's now very shallow and widened out, pretty soon it'll turn into an outie.
- Best moment this week - Finally being finished with my RNC exam so that I can just relax with Nick. We worked a fairly opposite schedule this week, but had a little time together Thursday night and Monday afternoon. We walked to the farmer's market Thursday, and relaxed together while getting our 'to do' list together on Monday.



0 comments:
Post a Comment