Friday, December 17, 2010

38 weeks along!


Only two weeks away from the official due date now!  It's funny because in speaking with other pregnant friends earlier this year I thought, "I'm not going to get my hopes up about an early delivery, most women seem to deliver late," however I'm currently getting so anxious and excited to meet our little guy I keep secretly hoping that he'll come earlier than later.  :-)  I was disappointed to find out at my last Doctor's visit that I had not made any further progress towards labor.  My doctor also sounded disappointed that I haven't felt any Braxton Hicks contractions or had further cervical dilation.  Oh well, things can change at any moment and he might show up anyway. :-)

I just have one more thing to do in the nursery to finish up all the decorations - hang the curtains.  That I need Nick's help for, so we'll probably finish it up on Sunday and then I can post pictures on Monday. :-)  Right now I have Widget's hospital bag packed and all his laundry done for the first few months (his 0-3 month clothing).  I'm now just awaiting the arrival of his newborn cloth diaper rental package (it should arrive on Tuesday).  I have his Boppy ready to come to the hospital with us also.  His closet is clean and hung neatly.  I also think we have all the supplies ready also including the monitor, baby activity mat, the pump, the extra sheets and burp clothes all ready for him also.  I have actually had fun getting all his stuff ready and I can't wait to dress him in all the cute clothes he has and cuddle him for hours. :-)


  • How far along? 38 weeks and 2 days
  • How big is baby? - Widget is now about 19.5 inches long, or the length of a leek.  :-) Widget also now weighs about 6 1/2 to 7 lbs.  Any day now.  
  • Weight gain thus far -I am up a total of 44 lbs. I just hope he comes out soon so I don't keep gaining and gaining. :-)
  • Baby's new tricks/development -Widget is pretty much spending all his time fattening up and continuing to grow his brain.  He is shedding his lanugo and starting to shed his vernix now (the white stuff that covers their skin to protect it from the amniotic fluid over the 9 months).  He certainly also spends a lot of time moving around inside. :-)
  • Cravings? - Raisinets this week!  But, mostly we're trying to get some meals made and frozen to prepare for Widget's first weeks.
  • Belly button? -The middle is popping out a little more, but there's still some left before Widget's "done."  It also depends on where Widget is pushing out because sometimes it's still a totally flat.
  • Best moment this week - Another lovely weekend with my hubby, spending some quality time together while we can.  However, I have to say that I really enjoyed my trip to Glen Ivy hot springs spa with my friend Carolyn.  I enjoyed a 'mom-to-be' massage which was lovely. The therapist could tell that I had tension in my upper back vs. my lower back (probably due to all the extra weight in the chest area).  Luckily she worked out my knots and I had no need to use my heating pad last night.  Then after lunch I also enjoyed a warm winter pedicure to get my legs all relaxed and pretty up my toes for labor. :-)  MMMMMMM, I'm so relaxed and my feet feel fabulous. 




Widget's first mud treatment :-)

0 comments: