Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two weeks old!


Where has the time gone?  My little baby Cole is already two weeks old tomorrow!  What a wonderful first two weeks it has been.  He has already grown to be 8 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches! (He was 8 lbs, 20 inches at birth)  I am happy to see that all the eating he is doing is going somewhere. :-)

Cole and I have gotten breastfeeding down pretty well.  I have also started to learn a little about his personality and patterns.  He likes to cluster feed a lot!  He feeds for several hours in the morning/early afternoon and again at night before bed.  He takes one good long nap in the early evening and usually another good long nap at night.  We have had a few terrible nights where he was up feeding almost every hour, but more often we've gotten some three and four hours stretches of sleep at night!  I am happy for that.  He is a pretty good baby overall. 

I do have to say, I love being a mom and Nick is an awesome dad.  We have both bonded very well with Cole and one another again.  Nick loves to spend time with Cole and takes him pretty much whenever he's not feeding.  Dad is also great at changing the poopy diapers and has dealt with most of the poo-splosions!  :-)  I am such a lucky woman to have such a handsome, wonderful son and such a fabulous, helpful, loving husband.
First bottle with Dad!  Mom had to go to the doctor and Cole got hungry, good thing it worked out well. :-)

0 comments: