It has been quite awhile since I sat down to update my blog . . . probably because Cole is now on the move and needing more attention than ever. I can't leave that little Squirmy alone for a minute because he will easily get himself into trouble. :-) He started crawling at the beginning of August and pulling himself to standing 2 weeks later. He is also beginning to cruise along the couch a little now. It'll be pretty soon that he'll balance himself standing and then start walking! Then I'm sure I'll have even less time to sit down and update you all on my life and his.
Poor thing also got his first cold this week. I got sick last weekend (I think from lack of sleep, and getting run down), so he probably picked it up from me. He has done well with it, but it's still tough to see him not feeling well. It was mostly a runny nose and exhaustion, but after the runny nose dried up, his throat sounds hoarse and he 'barks' a little when he cries or laughs. Poor baby! I hope he's all better tomorrow - he seems like he's almost there.
Still, he is in good spirits mostly and the sweetest little boy. He has grown so much, and now Dad and I are amazed to watch him figure things out and learn new cognitive skills. He will help us turn the pages of the books when we are reading to him. He really inspects objects now before he tries to 'eat' them, and he remembers when a toy makes noise and how to get the toy to make the noise again.
Recently we also got the opportunity to go visit my grandparents in New Mexico again with my mom. My mom was delighted to see that Cole remembered her and had no stranger anxiety around her. He had a good time even while traveling and sleeping in a hotel. He's such a good little traveler. Even on the flights, he made friends with all the people around him with his smile and the fact that he didn't fuss but mostly slept all flight.
Cole is also quickly getting a full set of teeth. He has eight at this point popping through his gums! He is a very good baby overall throughout this process, but sadly he has been waking up at least once during the night during the time he's been teething (or sick). It makes it tough for me to get a full nights sleep, and on top of working nights during the week sometimes - I am exhausted. However, so happy that my little boy is overall happy and healthy.
Enjoy these cute updates of Cole. :-)


0 comments:
Post a Comment