As you can tell from looking at the sidebar on my blog, I am trying to get more people to help notice the issue of prematurity. As you all know, I am a neonatal intensive care nurse, so this is my life's career. We mostly take care of premature babies in the NICU (although there are other babies we care for). I still would like to see the day when I need to choose another field because there are far fewer premature babies to take care of.
Our nation is doing terrible in the issue of prematurity. If you look at the March of Dimes website, you'll see that the United States of America recieves a D on our report card for prematurity. We have 60% more premature births than our goal of 7.6% by 2010!!!! 60%! That's huge!
There are many reasons for prematurity, and mostly we still have no idea why babies are born early. Please help us to do what we can to help relieve this issue. At the very least, visit the March of Dimes website to help sign the petition to help premies. Another thing you can do is donate to the March of Dimes - either through their site, or when I begin collecting donations for the Walk America coming up in April!
Any way you do it - please help our premies! Thanks!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Sign the Petition for Premies!
Posted by Victoria at 1:43 AM
Labels: March of Dimes, nursing, prematurity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment