Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Marathon Training

Hey everyone. So, I've decided to train for the Long Beach Marathon coming up this October 11th! I've been training now for a few weeks, and at first was getting injuries, soreness and, becoming slightly discouraged about being able to complete this training - but I'm still pretty committed to completing this huge undertaking.

The last two weeks have gone well. On long runs I still feel pretty darn tired and ready to quit sometimes, but so far I haven't and feel pretty good afterwards. Unfortunately today I am feeling the pangs of repetitive motion on my right Achilles tendon :-(

The other hard thing is that I work nights and usually try to do 2 days at a time alternating 2 and 4 days every other week (this week is my 4 day week, next week I just work 2 days). This makes it somewhat difficult to plan out my runs with some rest in between and around my work.

I wonder if this would work as a good sports bra :-P


Well, wish me luck and send me good no-injury thoughts while I continue with my training. Tomorrow I'm headed to the running store to evaluate my stride, shoes, and get some good training gear. :-)

0 comments: