Wednesday, August 4, 2010

19 weeks!

This week marks the beginning of the 19th week, and we are almost half-way done! It's exciting and scary to think about that. Our big news is that we found out that Widget is a little boy! I've already gotten a few adorable little boy outfits and had fun registering with Nick. We're also signed up for childbirth classes starting in about 2 weeks, and soon we'll go on the hospital tour.

One of the best things for me is that I began using my kick counter on the pregnancy app I have on my phone because I can feel Widget moving a ton, so I decided to track the kicks. The last 2 days he finished his 10 kicks within 15 minutes. A very active little man!

I still feel like my belly is pretty small, I keep wondering if it'll just pop out quickly and I'll be thrown for a loop. For now, I'll just keep enjoying my little belly and all the kicks coming from the inside. :-)


  • How far along? 19 weeks and 0 days
  • How big is baby? - size of a mango, about 6 inches from head to bottom & about 8.5 oz in weight, baby didn't get very long but gained quite a bit of weight
  • Weight gain thus far - about 11 lbs total.
  • Baby's new tricks/development - Widget's senses are continuing to develop and his brain is developing the specialized areas so that he can hear, taste, touch, smell, see. Of course his eyes are fused shut, but he can distinguish between dark and light.
  • Cravings? - Nothing crazy, but I've been eating a lot of black beans this week.
  • Best moment this week - Our big anatomy ultrasound where we got to see Widget and find out he's a little boy and then surprising our parents with the news by sending them a little care package from Widget. :-D

1 comments:

Trisia said...

I love your blog!! I'm so happy for you! You look so beautiful!