We are now officially more than half-way done with the pregnancy! Hopefully the baby will not be waiting until 42 weeks, but we shall see. Widget is so active and giving me great kicks lately - his bones are thickening and he loves to give his momma a little nudge and make me giggle. It's funny, but he still catches me off guard a lot of the time and literally makes me laugh out loud a little. My co-worker caught me the other morning and said, "that's such a funny giggle, what's going on?' and I replied, 'I just got a good kick,' to which she gave me a quizzical look. I then said, 'My little guy still surprises me when he kicks me most times' to which she smiled and said, 'ohhh.'

- How far along? 21 weeks and 1 day
- How big is baby? - size of a banana, about 10 inches from head to feet & about 12.7 oz in weight. He is now about 3/4 lb!
- Weight gain thus far - about 14 lbs total. I'm having no trouble there, it's coming on easy.
- Baby's new tricks/development - Widget now has eyebrows and eyelashes. His bones continue to harden (which is why he is giving me harder kicks).
- Cravings? - Nothing in particular this week. I was super hungry all week, so I ate whatever sounded good. Nick made some delicious chili and we had some tasty mac 'n cheese.
- Best moment this week - We got together with several other pregnant couples and went to Babies 'R Us for a group registry trip. The ladies had fun talking over which items we really needed and oooing and aaahhing over all the cute baby stuff. The guys were happy that they had each other to keep themselves occupied with other things while the ladies gushed. Then Sunday Nick and I took a really nice bike ride together and enjoyed a quite evening. :-)



0 comments:
Post a Comment