Another week gone by and Widget is still growing! By now I have expanded quite a bit and he's beginning to run out of room and make me more and more uncomfortable. I have been experiencing new pains of my pelvis stretching, the nerves in my hips getting pinched in my sleep, and Widget punching or head-butting my cervix. I have definitely noticed in the past few weeks that what used to make me giggle and feel like tickles now feels like some alien being trying to stretch out and mash my insides. It's still sweet because I love this little guy, but certainly does not tickle anymore! Nick tells him lately to be nice to his mom and not beat me up. It's cute.
\
Also, speaking of expansion - Nick made a cute comment the other night . . . He looks at my belly and says with awe, 'so you're going to get bigger, huh?' To which I replied, 'yes.' Then he says, 'Wow! I find that hard to imagine/believe.' I just laughed and said, 'I have 8 more weeks to go hunny and this is the time he does most of his growing.' It was cute. I have to agree with him that even though I know there's plenty more growth to do, it seems a little awe-inspiring and amazing that I'll actually get bigger. Grow little Widget, but try to cap off at about 7.5 lbs please. :-)
- How far along? 32 weeks and 2 days
- How big is baby? - Widget is just under 17 inches long, and he won't get too much longer, mostly just fatter. :-) Widget also now weighs about 3.75 lbs, or about the size of large jicama. Getting bigger!
- Weight gain thus far -I am up 34 lbs. now, only gained one pound last week!
- Baby's new tricks/development -Widget is now facing head-down and getting ready to make his debut after packing on a few more pounds. He also has fingernails, toenails, and a decent head of real hair (not just the preemie hair that falls out).
- Cravings? - Still nothing craving strongly. I did get pretty hungry this week and eat some tasty stuff like pizza and ziti.
- Belly button? - Still flattened out, but not popping out yet. :-)
- Best moment this week - Date nights with the hubby. This month in particular, we've taken advantage of our still baby-free life and gone out a few times with friends or just the two of us. I worked all weekend, but when I wasn't working we enjoyed tasty meals at Roman Cucina with two good friends who took care of Mr. Boo cat while we were away and then went to the final Fullerton Farmer's market of the year. Fun times!



0 comments:
Post a Comment