Thursday, November 25, 2010

35/35 :-)

I have hit a new milestone - 35 weeks along, 35 days to go!  I can see the light at the end of the pregnancy and am excited to meet the little guy who is doing flips in my belly and trying to stretch out the confines of his home.  I find myself getting more and more excited to meet him and see what features belong to each of us. I will however really miss having our little guy inside me and feeling his pokes and jabs.  I will also miss having Nick come up and just rub my belly or give it a kiss when I leave for work.  It's a different kind of connection than before, and I love it. 

At this point, the nursery is almost all done.  We had our California baby shower this past weekend and received a lot of lovely stuff for our little boy.  Now we have the crib set up, the bedding placed, the rocking chair situated, along with a ton of cute outfits, blankets, and extras.  I still have a few things I want to get for him and I need to start washing the linens and clothing to get ready.  However, I do love to go and sit in there on the rocking chair and just admire what we have for him.  I'll post pictures this weekend for you all to see.

Now for the stats on our little guy . . . .



  • How far along? 35 weeks and 1 day

  • How big is baby? - Widget is still just about 18 inches long. Widget also now weighs about 5 lbs, or about the size of a honeydew melon, or try holding a bag of flour to compare. :-)

  • Weight gain thus far -I am up 39 lbs. total, 2 lb gain again last week :-( he better be a big baby for all this.

  • Baby's new tricks/development - His brain continues to grow and form new connections every minute.  Also, he has about 15% body fat right now, which is about half of what he'll have once he's born.

  • Cravings? - Tomato stuff again.  The other night it was tomato soup with grilled cheese, then I wanted paneer masala (Indian food with cheese cubes in a tomato sauce), and salads with tomatoes.

  • Belly button? - It's still flattened out and now the middle is starting to pop out. 

  • Best moment this week - Our baby shower thrown by some good friends.  We had a really nice time and the theme came out really cute.  It seemed that everyone who came had a good time also, and we got such nice stuff for our little boy. Thank you all!

    0 comments: